Wednesday, July 26, 2006

Daily Tots

Grandma passed away on Friday (21/7) night, diagnosed as lung infection & heart failure. I was there at the hospital till 8pm. Then I went out to cool myself down as its really a torture to see her have such difficulty in breathing. Then I went back inside her ward to check on her again, left the hospital at about 815pm. When I was about to reach home at about 9plus, received a call from Edmund saying that they received a call from Ah Meng korkor that the hospital had called to say grandma had passed away at 835pm. Don't understand why I felt so sad at that point of time, I cried.

When I reached the hospital, I thought I could control my tears again. But when I saw grandma's body & legs being tied up, I broke down in tears again. It was such a heart-breaking scene. Grandma's skin color had turned into so yellowish/white, but she looked so peaceful. I think this so be a good thing also as grandma had difficulty in breathing since Thursday. On Thursday, doctor said grandma can't live pass two days and had asked us to start making preparations for the necessary. On Friday itself, grandma's heart stopped once in the wee hours and another time in the early morning.

The days at the wake passed so quickly and came the funeral day. I hid one corner & cried when the band started playing their 1st song. Don't understand why I felt so sad and my heart felt so sour at that time. When we were at Mandai crementorium's hall, I felt very very sad. Then we went to the viewing hall to see grandma's corpse being pushed to "burn". I cried during the whole process. Haiz...

Life's so short. Even if grandma had lived 81 years, but in fact how long had she seen us and spent time with her kids & relatives? Just like my family, we only meet up during festive seasons (eg. CNY) or when something like that crops up. So sad ah, but that's the truth.

No comments: